Easy and healthy pan-fried potatoes
Easy and healthy potato recipe.
Are you searching for a new way to enjoy potatoes? This is a Nigerian potatoes recipe. The potatoes are pan-fried and coated with pepper sauce!
I learned this recipe recently from Sisiyemmie. Ever since it has been my potato plug. I love it because it is easy to make, pocket-friendly you can incorporate any type of vegetables into it.
This is another way to have potatoes instead of frying or potato porridge.
I used Irish potatoes for this recipe, but feel free to use sweet potatoes if that is what you have. I’ve had it both ways and the two types of potatoes taste good for this recipe.
This is a long adventure, let’s cook!
Here is the list of ingredients
- 6 Irish potato
- Ground pepper(pre-cooked)
- 2 Tatashe (red bell peppers)
- Seasoning (salt, Maggi, thyme, curry)
- Nutmeg(very optional)
- Vegetable oil.
- Peel your potatoes randomly and cut into cubes. Also, chop your onions and bell pepper.
- In a pot add one glass water(depends on the quantity you are cooking) then add salt. Then cook the potatoes until you can easily run a fork through it. Avoid overcooking the potatoes.
- Pour the cooked potatoes into a sieve and drain.
- In a skillet or pan pour your vegetable oil( Little quantity). Then place your potatoes one after the other. Fry potatoes on each side. Until it is crunchy.
- Take away the potatoes from the pan after frying.
- In the same pan, fry the chopped onions and bell peppers. Fry it for some minutes, to a point where you can perceive a sweet smell ( the smell might not be profound but it smells different from when you started frying.).
- If you want to add any vegetables of your choice, this is the point to add it and fry with the onions and pepper.
- Take away the onions and pepper from the pan.
- Then pour the ground pepper into the pan and add the seasonings, to fry.
- After frying the pepper, pour the potatoes into the pan. Coat the potatoes very well with the pepper.
- Then add the previously fried onions and pepper mix. Then mix it with the potatoes.
Serve the potatoes. Best eaten while hot!
The aroma of this dish kept calling my name, but I had to behave myself to take good pictures.
NOTE: If preparing in large quantity, coat the fried potatoes with the fried ground pepper in batches.
Thank you! Let me know in the comment section if you would try out this recipe.
Potatoes nutritional benefits
- Potato is a good source of vitamin C. This is an antioxidant.
- It is a good source of potassium than bananas. Potassium aid muscles, nerves, and cardiovascular functions.
- It is a good source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates provide energy to our body cells. (Source: Potatoes USA)