I’m so excited about this recipe because it is very easy and you do not need any special ingredients to prepare it. I’m sure most of the ingredients are lying around your kitchen.
This Jollof spaghetti recipe was made with the popular Nigerian “Geisha”.
Gesha is steamed mackerel fish in tomato sauce. It is very popular in West Africa. It can be eaten with bread, Jollof rice, porridge, etc.
Most Jollof spaghetti always ends up soggy, so people prefer cooking stir fry spaghetti. In this recipe, the spaghetti was cooked from the scratch in the tomato sauce. I tried cooking spaghetti this way and since then I’ve always used this method. This is Jollof spaghetti with a little twist.
Note; Please Use the brand of spaghetti that you are very familiar with.
Are you ready for this cooking adventure? Oya let’s go!
Jollof spaghetti ingredients
- Geisha (Mackerel fish in tomato sauce))
- Chili powder(ata gun gun)
- Bay leaf
- Onion (Chopped)
- Cooking oil
Cooking time : 20mins
How to make Jollof spaghetti with canned mackerel fish (geisha)
- Place the pot on the gas, and heat the cooking oil. Then transfer the chopped onion inside the pot.
- Open the Mackerel(Geisha) and separate the fish from the sauce.
- Add in the geisha sauce into the pot. Add a teaspoon of chili powder.
- Then add the salt, Maggi, bay leaf, thyme and curry.
- Allow the sauce to cook for a few minutes. Add your spaghetti into the sauce and allow to toast, stir the spaghetti during this period.
- Make sure you are familiar with the brand of spaghetti you are using. Then add enough water to cook the spaghetti( not too much, just enough to cook the spag).
- Add the fish from the geisha. Cover and allow to cook for 5mins. After the water is almost dried, pick up your spoon and join the STIRRER ASSOCIATION.
- Make sure you stir the spaghetti every other minute, to prevent it from burning.
Yea! Your spaghetti is ready. If you cook it right, your spaghetti won’t be soggy. You can also use this method for Jollof rice.
Thank you for checking out this blog, I hope you try it out. Remember to stay joyful and positive.