Everybody loves doughnuts, no doubts. This is a white ring doughnuts recipe. White ring doughnuts are popularly sold in restaurants.
Hi, lovies! Welcome back to another recipe with Oppy
I’ve always wondered how restaurants made this yummy fluffy white ring doughnuts,dusted with sugar and filled with Jam which melts when hot.Ohhhh!!!.
I can remember always telling my Mum that the doughnut was baked because it was never oily. After so many trials and errors in my attempt to make this white ring doughnut, I finally passed.YIPEE!!!
The doughnuts I made in the past came out nice,but the white ring was the mark for me.
I finally have a trophy!!.lol…I MADE A WHITE RING DOUGHNUT.
Today I would be sharing with you how to make yummy, bready texture white ring sugar doughnuts.
I’ve made this recipe as detailed as possible.
1cup of All purpose flour
¼ cup of granulated sugar
A pinch of salt
2tsp of Active yeast
1/2 cup of warm milk
¼ cup of butter
Let’s prepare the dough!
- In a clean bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt together.
- Mix the yeast in the warm milk and sugar. Cover it and allow the mixture to sit for about five minutes, then transfer into the flour mix.
- Add the egg into the mixture and stir it very well.
- Transfer the dough on a flat work surface(dust work surface with flour) and knead it to the point where it is no longer sticky.
- The dough is ready when;
- It is no longer sticky.
- It is stretchy.You must stretch out the dough to be sure it’s elastic.
- You press the dough with your finger and it bounces back almost immediately.
Don’t forget you are working with yeast, so you need time for the yeast to do its things.
- Transfer your dough into a bowl and allow to rest for about 20mins.
- After the 20mins,then transfer the dough back to your work surface and roll it out.
- Cut out the rolled out dough with a doughnut cutter or just improvise,and use a cup.
Transfer the cut out dough on a tray(pre-dust with flour) or cut foil paper or parchment paper into a square.
- Place the cutout dough on the tray and cover.
- Leave the dough and allow it to sit in a warm place for about 2hours or till the dough doubles in size.
- Fry the dough on medium heat. The doughnut would get burnt easily and it wouldn’t be well cooked inside on high heat.
- Fry for 3mins on both sides on medium heat.
Tips and tricks
- It is necessary for the dough to double in size.
- The doughnut should float in the oil when frying.
- Never allow the doughnut sit in the oil.
- In a case where you don’t have enough cooking oil,cut the dough into little pieces.
Enjoy!!!! How to make puff puff
Thank you and I hope you try out this recipe. Please share, like and comment.